We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If You want to make sure that You are up to date with the latest changes, We advise You to frequently visit this page. If, at any point in time, Flyer decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when such information was initially collected, then You shall be promptly notified by email. At that time, You shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of your information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to Flyer, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by Us, through our websites. By using flyerdefense.com or flyerlogistics.com, You are consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy. If You do not agree to the terms and conditions herein, You should not access or otherwise use our websites. The following terms and conditions apply to all of our web sites, including any web sites owned, operated or sponsored by any of our subsidiaries or affiliates. “Content” refers to any materials, writings, documents, images, graphics, logos, design, audio, video and any other information provided on our Web sites.
Specifically, this Policy will inform You of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from You through our websites;
- Why We collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How We use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to You regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect against the misuse of your information.
1. Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is information that is, or can be reasonably, linked to You. PII includes, but is not limited to, information such as your first and last name, username, home address, email address, telephone number, and credit card information.
You may voluntarily provide PII when You purchase products and/or services to enable Flyer to deliver the services/products that You have requested.
Our websites may also automatically collect certain information, such as device identifiers, IP addresses, browser information, and geolocation data when You access them.
Flyer may also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites You may frequent to glean what types of services and products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect PII that You knowingly and willingly provide to Us by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use PII only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
A cookie is information saved by your web browser. When You visit a website, the site may place a cookie on your web browser so it can recognize your device in the future. If You return to that site later on, it can read that cookie to remember You from your last visit and keep track of You over time.
Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: absolutely necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for marketing purposes.
- Absolutely necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable You to move around a website and use its features.
- Performance/Analytical cookies: These cookies collect information about how You use our websites. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies don’t collect information that personally identifies You and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance/Analytical cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience. More information about our use of this type of cookie is provided below.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices You make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region You are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes You have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times You see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that You have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers.
Our websites only use absolutely necessary cookies. You can manage a website’s cookies in your browser settings, and You always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If You choose to change your settings, You may find that certain functions and features on this website will not work as intended. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, You should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
3. How We Use Information
Flyer only uses your information for the purposes provided for in this Policy. Flyer does not sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Flyer may collect and may make use of PII to assist in the operation of our website and to provide You the services You need and request. At times, We may find it necessary to use PII as a means to keep You informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to You from flyerlogistics.com and flyerdefense.com.
Flyer may contact You to complete surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Flyer may contact You on behalf of our other external business partners regarding potential new offers which may be of interest to You. If You consent or show interest in such an offer, then, at that time, your PII, such as your name, email address and/or telephone number, may be shared with the third party making the offer.
4. Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide You with the services You have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send You promotional emails containing information We think You may like when We have your consent to do so;
- To contact You to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when We have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
The data We collect from You will be stored for no longer than reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. The length of time We retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that We have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract We have with You, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
5. Disclosure of Information
We may share your information within Flyer as necessary to provide the services and/or products that You have requested or to manage our business.
We may also share your information with third parties who help us manage our business and deliver services. These third parties, however, have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use any personal data we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us. These include IT service providers who help manage our IT and back-office systems.
We may share your information with our regulators, to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies
In addition, Flyer may share your information under the following circumstances:
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which You have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Flyer.
6. Non-Marketing Purposes
Flyer greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact You if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Flyer products and services).
7. Children under the age of 13
Flyer’s websites are not directed to, and does not knowingly collect PII from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), We shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database.
8. Unsubscribe from Email Newsletters
All users and visitors to our websites have the option to discontinue receiving communications from Us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our websites please send an email to email@example.com expressing that You wish to unsubscribe. If You wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, You must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Flyer will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any PII previously collected.
9. Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to affiliate and other websites. Flyer does not claim nor accept responsibility for any privacy policies, practices and/or procedures of other such websites. Therefore, We encourage all users and visitors to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies only and solely to the information collected by our website. If You decide to access any of the third party sites linked to our website, You do so entirely at your own risk. It is up to You to take precautions to ensure that the third party site You link to for your use is free of computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature. We reserve the right to terminate a link to a third party Web site at any time. The fact that We provide a link to a third party website does not mean that We endorse, authorize or sponsor that website. It also does not mean that We are affiliated with the third party website’s owners or sponsors.
10. Notice to European Union Users
Flyer’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If You provide information to Us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. By providing personal information to Us, You are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
11. Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of the EU You have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means We must inform You of how We intend to use your personal data and We do this through the terms of this Policy.
- The right of access: this means You have the right to request access to the data We hold about You and We must respond to those requests within one month. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to rectification: this means that if You believe some of the data, We hold is incorrect, You have the right to have it corrected. You can do this by logging into your account with Us, or by sending Us an email with your request.
- The right to erasure: this means You can request that the information We hold be deleted, and We will comply unless We have a compelling reason not to, in which case You will be informed of same. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
- The right to restrict processing: this means You can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right of data portability: this means You can obtain and use the data We hold for your own purposes without explanation. If You wish to request a copy of your information, contact Us at email@example.com.
- The right to object: this means You can file a formal objection with Us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties, or its processing where our legal basis is our legitimate interest in it. To do this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures, policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature of the information concerned.
As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer You use to communicate with us and the security You use to protect User IDs and passwords, please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
If Flyer ever suffers a data breach, We will contact You if your personal information is at risk. For more information regarding our security protections, please contact us using the information provided below.
13. Acceptance of Terms
By using this website, You are hereby accepting the terms and conditions stipulated within the Policy. If You are not in agreement with our terms and conditions, then You should refrain from further use of our sites. In addition, your continued use of our website following the posting of any updates or changes to our terms and conditions shall mean that You agree and acceptance of such changes. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by other legal notices or terms located on parts of our website. In the event of a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Policy and the terms and conditions of any other written agreement between Flyer and our affiliates and its customers or vendors, the express terms and conditions of the latter agreement shall prevail.
14. Indemnity Provision
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Flyer, Flyer Next, LLC, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third-party information or service providers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this Policy by You.
Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Policy shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Policy. We may assign our rights and duties under this Policy to any party at any time without notice to You
16. California Residents:
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may also:
- Request, up to two times each year, that We disclose to You the categories and specific pieces of personal information that We have collected about You, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that We disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with whom We have shared your personal information, if applicable.
- Request that We delete any personal information that We have collected from or about You. Note that there are some reasons We will not be able to fully address your request, such as if We need to complete a transaction for You, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
To take advantage of any of these rights, please contact Us at by email at email@example.com, by phone at 310-324-5650, or by mail at Attn: Privacy Officer, Flyer Defense, LLC, 151 W. 135th Street Los Angeles, CA 90061 USA. We may request certain information to verify your identity before We can respond to your request. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. We will respond to your access and deletion requests within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless We need additional time, in which case We will let You know.
17. How to Contact Us
If You have any questions or concerns regarding the Policy related to our website, please feel free to contact Us at the following email, telephone number or mailing address.
Telephone Number: (310) 324-5650
Flyer Defense, LLC
151 W 135th St
Los Angeles, CA 90061 USA
The data controller responsible for your personal information for the purposes of GDPR compliance is:
Steve Markowitz, Esq
151 W 135th St
Los Angeles, CA 90061 USA